I’ve been dreaming about this one all week. Joseph’s lavash crust, 1/2 oz. blue cheese, red onion, thinly sliced red pear, charcoal grilled beef filet, arugula, and a scant Tbsp of balsamic reduction.
We love Joseph’s Lavash Bread, Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour. It’s far healthier than other pre-made crusts, and allows us to have the whole pizza as a serving (instead of only a quarter,) without sacrificing any taste! In fact, we think it’s BETTER than the old version!
Steak and Pear Pizza with Blue Cheese and Arugula
- 2 pieces Joseph’s Lavash Bread, Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz beef tenderloin filet
- 1 medium red Anjou pear
- 2 oz blue cheese
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic reduction
- 2 cups baby Arugula lettuce
- We usually aren’t brand specific, but we use “Joseph’s Lavash Bread, Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour” for this recipe. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over lavash, and put in 450º oven for about 2 minutes, to create a cracker-like crust. Remove from oven and let cool. Lavash will crisp up as it cools.
- Turn heat to medium-high under a skillet. Place beef in a dry, hot skillet. Resist the urge to turn the beef over for at least 2-3 minutes. Turn once, continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 135º for medium rare, 145º for medium, or 155º for medium-well.
- Let tenderloin rest for 10 minutes. While resting, slice pear thin, and crumble blue cheese.
- Cut steak into small pieces and place on the lavash. Add onion, blue cheese and drizzle on balsamic reduction. Top with arugula.