It’s about 40º this morning and it snowed twice over the weekend. We needed to cheer ourselves up big time. Doesn’t soup always satisfy? Especially when it’s a yummy bowl of curry creaminess!
Cauliflower, homemade sodium-free chicken broth, one large onion, 1 Tbsp butter, 2 cloves of garlic, curry powder and cayenne pepper (omit if you don’t want the heat) and 1/3 C half & half. We drizzled a tablespoon extra half & half on top and sprinkled some fresh tarragon on top. Homemade croutons round out the meal.
We still have soup for tomorrow’s lunch! We made a big batch of gazpacho this afternoon, because Wednesday is May 1st, dammit, and we are thinking spring, even if the thermometer doesn’t act like it!
Cauliflower Curry Soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- ⅓ cup half and half
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- Halve, peel, and rough cut the onion. Place in a large soup pot with the butter. Turn heat to medium high and sauté onions until translucent.
- While onions cook, trim leaves from cauliflower and separate into florets.
- Peel and chop garlic. Add to soup pot, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add curry powder, cayenne pepper, cauliflower and chicken stock. Stir well. Turn heat to high. When soup reaches a boil, turn heat to low, place lid on pot, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a blender or an immersion blender, puree the soup until it’s a smooth consistency. Pour the puree back into the soup pot. Add half & half, and stir well.