If you love broccoli the way we do at K2.0, you’ll love this wonderful soup! You’re looking at the ingredients above, plus some homemade chicken bone broth.
Unsweetened almond milk doesn’t react on the surface the same way as heavy cream, but we stayed true to our mission and kept the soup low fat, even with the garnish. Sometimes we add nonfat yogurt, too.
Velvety Broccoli Soup
- Blender, immersion blender, or Vitamix
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups celery
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Siggi's nonfat plain yogurt
- Sauté diced shallots, chopped celery, chopped onion and minced garlic in 1 Tbsp of olive oil on medium heat for 5 minutes, or until vegetables get soft. (Do not let garlic burn!)
- Pour chicken stock into large soup pot. Add broccoli. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, cover, and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender in batches, or with an immersion blender in the soup pot, until it is completely smooth, without any remaining pieces of vegetable. Just before serving, add the yogurt in the soup and stir well.