This amazing sauce elevates a good weeknight chicken dinner to a company-is-coming great weekend dish! Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Mustard Cream Sauce is going to be in your permanent rotation! The mustard adds a light spiciness and a pinch of saltiness, while the rosemary warms the dish and the lemon juice brightens the flavors. Combined, we have created umami; the sauce is a little bit sweet, a little sour, a little bitter and a little salty. And that’s the goal! Flavor bomb!
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Inglehoffer Organic Stone Ground Mustard, divided.
- 4 heaping Tbsp. Siggi’s Skyr non-fat plain Icelandic Yogurt or a comparable substitute, divided.
- juice of one lemon, divided.
- 16 ounces organic chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts
- 1-2 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped fine.
- fresh ground pepper
- To make marinade: Combine 1 Tbsp. mustard, 2 Tbsp. yogurt and half of the lemon juice in a large bowl. Then add raw chicken and mix well. Let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- After the chicken has sat in the marinade for a bit, grill chicken over medium, indirect heat, so it doesn’t dry out.
- To make Rosemary Mustard Cream Sauce: While the chicken grills, mix chopped rosemary with remaining mustard, yogurt, and lemon juice. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Plate the chicken and spoon 3 Tbsp. of sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
Rosemary Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp stone ground mustard
- 5 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- Mince fresh rosemary.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Sauce can be served at room temperature, or heated in a saucepan.