This amazing sauce elevates a good weeknight chicken dinner to a company-is-coming great weekend dish! Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Mustard Cream Sauce is going to be in your permanent rotation! The mustard adds a light spiciness and a pinch of saltiness, while the rosemary warms the dish and the lemon juice brightens the flavors. Combined, we have created umami; the sauce is a little bit sweet, a little sour, a little bitter and a little salty. And that’s the goal! Flavor bomb!
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Inglehoffer Organic Stone Ground Mustard, divided.
- 4 heaping Tbsp. Siggi’s Skyr non-fat plain Icelandic Yogurt or a comparable substitute, divided.
- juice of one lemon, divided.
- 16 ounces organic chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts
- 1-2 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped fine.
- fresh ground pepper
- To make marinade: Combine 1 Tbsp. mustard, 2 Tbsp. yogurt and half of the lemon juice in a large bowl. Then add raw chicken and mix well. Let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- After the chicken has sat in the marinade for a bit, grill chicken over medium, indirect heat, so it doesn’t dry out.
- To make Rosemary Mustard Cream Sauce: While the chicken grills, mix chopped rosemary with remaining mustard, yogurt, and lemon juice. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Plate the chicken and spoon 1-2 Tbsp. of sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
This marinade would also be wonderful with pork, turkey or a steak-like fish like swordfish or salmon. You might want to try our Perfect Poached Salmon and drizzle this amazing sauce on top! Let us know if you try this recipe, and rate it, below!