We used to love Trader Joe’s “Everything but the Bagel Seasoning,” but the salt content isn’t K2.0 friendly. So now we make our own!
Ours a hearty combination of black sesame seeds, roasted white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced garlic, minced onion, cracked black pepper, and dried red pepper. (The recipe is at the bottom of this post.) We sprinkled some on our tomatoes for lunch today, and mixed about 3 teaspoons into our homemade cracker dough for a wine-and-cheese gathering this evening.
The crackers are crisp and full of flavor. We’ll be enjoying them tonight with homegrown herbs folded into Vermont goat cheese. Use the recipe we posted here in July, and add the seasoning instead of the fresh herbs. What do YOU like to put Everything Seasoning on?
Everything But the Salt Seasoning
- 2 tsp course ground black pepper
- 2 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1.5 tsp poppy seeds
- 1.5 tsp minced dried onion
- 1.5 tsp dried garlic flaked
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all spices in a jar and shake well.
- Can be sprinkled on vegetables, meats, poultry and fish. Add to bread or cracker dough before baking.
- Recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Store in an airtight jar.