Turkey and Peppers is Paleo, Whole 30, and gluten-free. It also comes together in 20 minutes, which makes it part of our regular rotation for busy weeks like this one. It’s also a one pan meal! Easy clean up! We use organic turkey tenderloins for this meal, because they are lean and clean.
Slice up a yellow and red bell pepper and one large white onion. Slice the turkey into 1/2″ pieces. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pour 1 Tbsp olive oil and add about half the turkey. When it’s browned on the bottom, (1-3 minutes,) flip and cook the other side. Remove the turkey when it’s done, place it on a platter, and tent with foil to keep warm. Cook the other half of the turkey, and add to the platter. Add onion and peppers to the skillet and cook, covered, 5-7 minutes until softened.
Add vinegar (we used lemon infused white balsamic) and a can of low-sodium fire roasted tomatoes, and stir well. When the mixture reaches a simmer, add the turkey and any juices on the platter, and mix well again. Cover, and bring everything up to a simmer once more. Plate and serve with a tsp of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Turkey and Peppers
- 1 lb. turkey tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large bell pepper, red
- 1 large bell pepper, green
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 14 oz. can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice the tenderloins into 1/2" medallions.
- Slice peppers into thin strips.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add turkey to a large skillet in a single layer. After about 2-3 minutes, flip the pieces over. They should be nicely browned. Place the cooked turkey on a platter, tent with foil to keep warm, and set aside.
- Put the onions and pepper in the skillet and cover. Stir every minute or so, until they begin to brown.
- Add oregano, vinegar and the can of tomatoes, and stir well. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the turkey, and bring back to a simmer again. Cover, let cook for 4-5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Plate and serve, with 1 tsp Parmesan cheese on top.