We’re in the home stretch, spending eight hours each day at the computer, getting the K2.0 cookbook ready for production! What’s better than writing about salad? Eating salad while writing about salad!
Fresh cherries appeared in the market this week, and we grabbed a bag. My husband loves them. (Happy Valentine’s day, War!) When I opened the fridge today to peruse the produce for lunch, those cherries called my name. I would have preferred to grill them, but it’s snowing out there, and I’m feeling lazy. Under the broiler they went! 5 minutes later, they were gooey and gorgeous!
I call this a Salad Pizza because we’ve got all the elements of a salad, but I love my healthy carbs, so it’s plated with a Joseph’s Pita Bread. We added a healthy, huge handful of baby arugula, a half-ounce of blue cheese and a tsp of olive oil. Sweet, savory and salty, all in one salad!
Cherry Arugula Salad Pizza
- 6 cherries
- ½ oz blue cheese
- 1 Joseph’s Whole Wheat pita bread
- 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1.5 cup baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Pour ½ tsp olive oil on pita. Smooth the oil all over the top surface of the pita, and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Pit and halve the cherries. Place them on a sheet pan and broil them for 3-4 minutes, until they are glistening and soft.
- Place the arugula in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 tsp olive oil over arugula and gently massage the lettuce until every piece shines.
- Plate the pita, add cherries, blue cheese and arugula. Top with coarsely ground black pepper.
No time for a long post today; we’ve got work to do!