Happy Palentines Day, everyone! It’s 7º out and we need something cozy and colorful. Cranberry Chicken is just the thing!
Cranberry Chicken with Snow Peas
Pop some color on the table tonight!Print Recipe
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup frozen or fresh cranberries, divided
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp liquid coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups snow peas
- Make the marinade: Combine 1 Tbsp olive oil, ¼C of the cranberries, coconut aminos, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and minced garlic in the vessel of a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Trim chicken thighs of all visible fat and silver skin. Place chicken in marinade and refrigerate. This can be done the day before.
- Place chicken and marinade in a baking dish. Add the remaining ¼C cranberries to the pan. Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- While chicken is baking, sauté snow peas in 1 Tbsp olive oil for 2-3 minutes. They will turn a beautiful bright green.
- Plate chicken and snow peas as in photograph.
Low-sodium soy sauce or low-sodium tamari sauce can be used in place of liquid coconut aminos.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 693mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 587IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg
That’s it! Back to cookbook editing!