The snow is *finally* behind us here in Buffalo NY, and grilling season has officially begun! Do I hear an “amen?”
Kebabs are low on effort but huge on presentation. Mondays don’t have to be boring! It was the Chimmichurri that made the meal.
What goes in Chimichurri Sauce?
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- cider vinegar
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper
I can’t even explain how good this was. Creamy, gooey cherry tomatoes, grilled onion, and savory beef, topped with this bright, fresh sauce.
Beef Kebabs with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 lb sirloin
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- ½ C finely chopped curly parsley
- ¼ C finely diced Vidalia onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp water
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- If using bamboo skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least a half hour.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Create kebabs by slicing beef into one inch cubes. Slice onion into quarters, and then separate pieces. Thread the skewers, alternating by color.
- For the sauce: Combine all chopped and diced elements of the sauce in a small bowl. Then place prepped ingredients in a small food processor and blend well.
- Grill kebabs over high heat, 2-3 minutes on each side, for medium rare.
- Transfer to plate, and drizzle Chimichurri sauce on top.