I didn’t grow up eating gnocchi, and by the time I discovered it, white pasta and white potato were off the menu. To the rescue: Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi! Trader Joe’s Gnocchi is 75% cauliflower, but tastes amazing! We used approximately 2/3 of the bag, to keep the carb count under 20g.
I K2.0’d an inspiration recipe I found here at Eating Well, and the results were fantastic. We halved their oil, used fresh spinach instead of frozen, subbed out the sausage for white meat chicken, and halved the Parmesan cheese. It made for a quick, easy, summertime meal!
Chicken with Artichokes, Spinach, and Gnocchi
- 8 oz Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 12 oz cooked white meat chicken, cubed
- 12 oz frozen quartered artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 Tbsp grated, fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add gnocchi, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked chicken, artichoke hearts, spinach, and lemon juice, until everything is cooked and the spinach is wilted; about 3 minutes.
- Plate, sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper.